* Scott & Leslie Powell (SEND - in NJ) request prayer for Scott's continued adjustment to his vision following the surgical procedure that has better aligned his right eye. Please pray for preparation for a leadership training event for those leading teams in SEND's work in Asia. The Equipping Seminar will be convened in Taiwan October 17-21 and Scott will join two others in facilitating the sessions. Pray for God to raise up partner churches and Taiwanese co-workers to serve with SEND missionaries in reaching the most neglected communities of Taiwan's western coastal plain. SEND would like to deploy a third team to this region in the coming several years and this will take a cooperative approach.
* S. & E. N. (Africa) praise God for sending more rain to their area and for the crops that are growing well. They also praise God that their teacher, Kayla, has come and is doing well. Please continue to pray for the 3 communities that they have been building relationships with - that their hearts would be open to God. Please pray for their teammates the D.'s and the U.'s.
* Suzy Grumelot (World Team in France) asks for continued prayer as she and her Paris Project teammates organize concerted prayer times, Bible studies and other gatherings in the months ahead. Please pray for Suzy in these days of 'new beginnings' with the Paris Project. She senses a real need for getting the prayer shield up as the spiritual warfare is intense in Paris. Ask God to send many seeking Parisian hearts and for guidance as the team trains several young French believers in discipleship.
* Pray for John & Debbie Clifton (Wycliffe in the USA) regarding the longer-term follow up to their Indonesia trip. Unfortunately, the potential partners they met with are either unable or unwilling to join in the project. Pray for guidance for John and the local SIL leadership as they determine whether the project is feasible. They are praising the Lord for a great summer training over 100 students in North Dakota, most of whom are interested in translation language work. This is the sixtieth year that SIL has run the training program in cooperation with the university. Pray for John's involvement in linguistic conferences. He will present a paper in Milwaukee in October. Pray especially that he would make strategic contacts. Pray for Debbie's health. All the recent travel has taken a toll on her--just as she gets close to full recovery, they go on another trip and she gets hit again. Pray that she will achieve full health.
* Curt & Karen Cole (HCJB in CO) spent July in Ghana with HCJB's Global's first summer medical internship program. The medical students saw Jesus in African context and culture and they will never be the same. Local partnership is hard and can be pretty frustrating, but it is the best way to see lasting fruit in ministry. Over 1,450 patients were seen in four weeks in seven different ministry sites. HCJB has an amazing team in Sub-Saharan Africa. Please pray for protection and unity. Pray for both Brandon and Bryan as they return to graduate school this Fall.
* Tiffany Johnson (was a short-termer with Christar in the Middle East) and she would like to continue to foster email relationships with her students. Her students from Oman will be starting school soon. She hopes that they will continue to work hard at their English studies. Pray that she would have opportunities for Muslim ministry while she's at Moody. Pray for wisdom as she continues grad school and searches for a job.
* Ursula Wiesemann (WBT-Retired in Germany) has just lost her second sister (there were 16 altogether - 13 sisters and 3 brothers). The funeral will be on Friday.